NSS Legislative and Grassroots Action Center
- NSS Position Papers
- Basics on how to contact Congress
- Join our Political Action Network
- NSS Legislative Blitzes
2018 March Storm
March Storm 2018 advanced the 2018 Alliance for Space Development objectives:
- Establish an Ultra Low Cost Access to Space (ULCATS) program based on public-private partnership and streamlined governmental policy and regulations (see DRAFT BILL).
- Ensure a gapless transition from ISS to private space stations in LEO, with NASA assisting with development and serving as an early customer (see DRAFT BILL)
- Enable cis-lunar development through a series of programs, such as:
- A public-private partnership to develop and demonstrate a re-usable lander based in cis-lunar space.
- Setting a price that NASA will pay for commodities (water,etc.) at locations in cis-lunar space.
- Purchasing data gathered by private companies on lunar resources (water, etc.)
Space Policy topics from the NSS Blog:
National Space Society Supports VP Pence’s Call for Constant Low-Earth Orbit Human Presence Leading to the Settlement of Space
The National Space Society (NSS) endorses Vice President Pence's call to maintain a "constant presence" in low-Earth orbit (LEO) leading to the settlement of the space frontier, made during a visit July 6, 2017 to Kennedy Space Center. Fresh off the June 30th signing...read more
The National Space Society (NSS) cordially invites your participation in the 2017 Annual Alliance for Space Development (ASD) August Home District Blitz congressional action event. During the blitz, local groups will arrange to visit their Congressperson's home...read more
Member of the NSS Policy Committee David Cheuvront, a retired NASA engineer and risk-analysis expert, was interviewed at the ISDC by Downlink.co (unrelated to the NSS publication Ad Astra Downlink) about the first Dragon re-use on the CRS-11 launch by SpaceX. “As...read more
March 12-16, 2017 By Dale L. Skran, NSS Executive Vice President March Storm is the primary Washington, D.C., legislative blitz for the Alliance for Space Development (ASD) and its two founding member organizations, the National Space Society (NSS) and the Space...read more
The National Space Society (NSS) declares that in consideration of the achievements by SpaceX, Blue Origin, and Boeing over the past few years, it is now obvious that a revolution in spacecraft technology, operations, and economics is occurring. There is every...read more
NSS members supported the Space Exploration Alliance (SEA) DC Blitz (Feb. 26-28) this year. A major theme of this year's blitz was to pass the NASA Transition Act of 2017, something NSS has been contributing to over the last year. The picture shows "Team 11" of the...read more
To NSS Members and anyone who supports a Citizen's Space Agenda (a message from NSS Executive Vice President Dale Skran): I hope you all are having a good week. I wanted to give you all an update of where things stand on recruiting for March Storm 2017. At this time...read more
The Alliance for Space Development (ASD), the National Space Society (NSS), and the Space Frontier Foundation (SFF) are sponsoring the annual March Storm Washington DC Blitz March 12-16, 2017. Please sign up here. See the draft slides that will be used for March Storm...read more