Over the last seven years, NSS of North Texas, in conjunction with the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas has created the largest annual space exposition in the State of Texas. This year, the event features a live Uplink with the ISS, solar telescopes, three inflatable planetariums, robots, teacher workshops, three dozen exhibitors, over twenty hours of classes and lectures, Scout patches and the renowned Lunar Sample Bags — swag bags used to distribute a half ton of space informational materials to young visitors each year. Organized each year by former chapter president Ken Murphy, the event has become a showcase for space-related educational resources in North Texas with an increasing focus on STEM activities. It has also established NSS of North Texas as a credible source for high-quality space content in support of local community activities.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Summer is coming to an end, so it’s time to sign up for this year’s August Home District Blitz/Fall Fury!
- New Shepard Mission 9 Success!
- March Storm a Success; August Blitz/Fall Fury Home District Congressional Visits Coming Up
- Books from Dr. Scott Maclaren’s estate available for purchase
- Book Review: The Future of Humanity
- NSS Chapter Presents LUROVA at NASA in the Park