Thomas Harriot was the first man to view the Moon through a telescope. Papers at the West Sussex Record Office show that Harriot drew images of the Moon several months earlier than Galileo.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Reach for the Stars Rocket Competition National Winners Honored by NSS
- NSS Representation in Baja California, Mexico
- What’s the Big Deal with Commercial Space Anyway?
- New NSS Position Paper on Space Debris Removal
- “New Rides to the Moon” Presentation Outlines Future Launch Vehicles
- A Spacewalking First