* The Falcon 9 rocket performed nearly flawlessly. The roll attitude was solid through the entire flight. The first stage sep was without impingement.
* The Dragon capsule entered orbit 301×288 on a targeted 300km circular.
* The capsule thrusters were tested on maneuvers similar to what is required for ISS docking.
* 4 Cubesats were successfully released into orbit.
* After separation from Dragon, the Falcon 2nd stage was fired again and placed in an orbit with an 11,000km apogee.
* The capsule re-entry burns were spot on.
* All three parachutes deployed perfectly.
* The capsule came down so close to the recovery ship that they have a good photo of it under the parachutes.
* It was being recovered within 35 minutes of the opening of the drogue chute.
* The heat shield barely got warm. We have now been told that this craft has a heat shield that can handle a free return from the Luna or Mars, i.e. it can be used as an interplanetary vehicle.
* Plans are for the next generation to do powered landings on a helipad sized landing pad.
* The volume and capabilities of Dragon meet or exceed those of the not yet ready for test Orion capsule.
* Today’s mission was so stunningly successful that SpaceX wants to move directly to an ISS flight on the next test. NASA is thinking about it
It is amazing what these people have accomplished in such a short time. It is comparable to what they did with Apollo