Lowering launch costs is critical for developing space solar power. Keith Henson at The Oil Drum proposes using Reaction Engine’s Skylon Rocket in a novel way: the second stage propulsion would be hydrogen heated by an array of ground-based lasers.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Reach for the Stars Rocket Competition National Winners Honored by NSS
- NSS Representation in Baja California, Mexico
- What’s the Big Deal with Commercial Space Anyway?
- New NSS Position Paper on Space Debris Removal
- “New Rides to the Moon” Presentation Outlines Future Launch Vehicles
- A Spacewalking First