The magazine of the National Space Society
Submission Guidelines, Advertising Information, and Awards
Ad Astra (“to the stars”) is the award-winning magazine of the National Space Society, featuring the latest news in space exploration and stunning full-color photography. It is published quarterly and mailed to all National Space Society members as part of their membership benefits, as well as to subscriber libraries, schools, and businesses.
Submissions: Ad Astra is open to unsolicited submissions, but prefers queries from writers, photographers, and artists interested in assignments for future issues of the magazine. Queries should include areas of expertise and interest, recent publication credits, and samples of work. All materials will be considered for possible publication on the basis of their professional quality and connection to the National Space Society’s vision and mission.
Guidelines: Book reviews and profiles, 600-750 words. Features 1200-4000 words with 2-8 full-size (8.5×11) color images at 300 dpi. Sidebars 100-600 words. Payment 25 cents/word, art and photo rates negotiable.
Please direct queries to [email protected].
Advertising: Inquiries on advertising opportunities should be directed to [email protected] or by calling NSS headquarters at 202-429-1600.
- Platinum MarCom for Spring 2013 issue
- Gold MarCom for Spring 2011 issue
Service Industry Advertising Awards
- Silver Award for Spring 2011 issue
Hermes Creative Awards
- Platinum Award: Publications/Magazines for Spring 2011 issue
- Platinum Award: Design/Publication Overall, 2010
Summit International Awards
- Bronze: Magazine, 2010
Aerospace Journalist of the Year – Space Article Award
- “Footprints on NEOS” by Mark Williamson (from Winter 2008 issue)
Printing & Graphics Communications Association:
- Award of Excellence for 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999
- Best of Category for 2003, 2002
- Best Web Printed Piece for 2003
International Association of Business Communicators:
- Silver Inkwell Award of Excellence for 2002