The National Space Society’s
8th Annual 1989 International
SPACE DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
Memorial Day Weekend, May 26-29, 1989, in Chicago
Hyatt Regency O’Hare Hotel
If Ever You Would Attend A Space Development Conference – This Is The One!
APOLLO: 20 YEARS LATER – A 20th anniversary celebration and review of the first Moon landing (with former NASA Administrator Thomas O. Paine).
AN OVERVIEW OF SPACE – A comprehensive update/introduction to all aspects of the space program.
SPACE TECHNOLOGY – Half day programs on (1) Building a Moonbase, and (2) The U.S. Space Station.
BUSINESS AND SPACE – (1) Space & the Non-Space Business; (2) Space Commercialization (2 days of programs).
MEET SPACE LEADERS – Astronauts, NASA officials, space pioneers, experts and advocates. How you can participate in the Space Movement.
SPEAKERS include – Hugh Downs, and astronauts Mae Jemison and William Thornton.
PLUS SPECIAL SYMPOSIA:
Law and Space
Science and Space
Medicine and Space
Teaching and Space
Exploration of Mars
AND MUCH MORE!
Everything you always wanted to know about Space and more!
SEE THE TENTATIVE 1989 ISDC PROGRAM (700K PDF) FOR DETAILS
Medicine and Space
A Special One-Day Symposium
For Medical & Health Professionals
Organized and co-sponsored by the
Aerospace Medical Association and the American Medical Association
Hyatt Regency O’Hare Hotel, Chicago, Saturday, May 27, 1989
Enrollment Limited! Register Early
- What We have Learned About the Human Body in Space. Arnauld Nicogossian, Director, Life Sciences Division, NASA.
- CELSS: Controlled Ecological Life Support Systems. Frank B. Salisbury, Utah State University.
- LUNCHEAON: Physician-astronaut William Thomton.
- Designing and Operating Medical Facilities in Space. James S. Logan, Manager, Aerospace Medicine, NASA.
- Surgery in Orbit. Bruce Houtchens, University of Texas Health Science Center.
- Psychological and Sociological Aspects of Long Distance Space Flight. Harry C. Holloway, Chairman, Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services, University of the Health Sciences.
- Medical Spinoffs From Space. Nicogossian.
- Medicine in Space: Where Do We Go From Here? Panel: All Speakers
Moderator, Dr. Robert H. Moser, Vice President, Medical Affairs, The NutraSweet Company.
PLUS: All Symposium attendees receive free cross-registrations at the National Space Society’s 1989 International Space Development Conference.
Download the 1989 Medicine and Space Flyer (PDF, 330K)