The NSS Space Settlement Journal is an online peer-reviewed, open access journal on all aspects of space settlement and activities leading to space settlement. The Journal builds upon the extensive work NSS has done to create the planet’s largest online library of space settlement information. See Call for Papers.
Issue #4, September, 2018 –
- Gravitat: Proposal for a Standard Design Vessel for Space Settlement. Dr. Pietro Calogero. April 2019.
- Electrical Requirements for a Spectrum of Multi-Stage Space Farms. Bryce L. Meyer. December 2018.
- Natural Illumination Solution for Rotating Space Settlements. Pekka Janhunen. September 2018.
Issue #3, November, 2017 – September, 2018
- How Small of a Free-Space Settlement Can People Be Happy Living In? Al Globus and Tom Marotta. September 2018.
- Environmental Control and Life Support (ECLSS) for Large Orbital Habitats: Ventilation for Heat and Water Transport and Management. Richard J. Soilleux. January 2018. (Accompanying Space Habitat Heat Balance Model Excel file.)
- New Developments in Space Solar Power. John C. Mankins. December 2017.
- Mass and Volumes for a Spectrum of Multistage Evolving Space Farms. Bryce L. Meyer. November 2017.
- Space-to-Space Power Beaming (SSPB): A Commercial ISS Technology Development, Demonstration, and Deployment (TD3) Mission. Gary P. Barnhard and Daniel Faber. November 2017.
Issue #2, February, 2017 – July, 2017
- Towards Closed Environmental Control and Life Support for Space Habitats Part I: A Basic System. Richard J. Soilleux. July 2017.
- Towards Closed Environmental Control and Life Support for Space Habitats Part II: Reduced Risk and Increased Efficiency with Biological Systems. Richard J. Soilleux. July 2017.
- Space Settlement: An Easier Way. Al Globus, Stephen Covey, and Daniel Faber. July 2017. (Accompanying Excel spreadsheet for estimating space settlement mass.)
- Space Settlement Population Rotation Tolerance. Al Globus and Theodore Hall. June 2017.
- Orbital Space Settlement Radiation Shielding. Al Globus and Joe Strout. April 2017.
- Losing the Geomagnetic Shield: A Critical Issue for Space Settlement. Philip K. Chapman. February 2017.
Issue #1, December, 2011 – December, 2016:
- A Survey of Space Settlement Designs. Thomas Marotta. December 2016.
- Making it on the Moon: Bootstrapping Lunar Industry. Dave Dietzler. September 2016.
- Paths to Space Settlement. Al Globus. November 2012.
- A Contemporary Analysis of the O’Neill – Glaser Model for Space-based Solar Power and Habitat Construction. Peter A. Curreri and Michael K. Detweiler. December 2011.
- The Space Grid: Sun-synchronous orbiting SBSP Satellites with Equatorial orbiting Reflector Satellites for Earth and Space Energy. Royce Jones. December 2011.
- Al Globus, San Jose State University, Editor in Chief
- Gary Barnhard, National Space Society
- Fred Becker, National Space Society
- Stephen D. Covey, Applied Innovation Inc.
- Anita Gale, International Space Settlement Design Competition
- Peter Garretson, National Space Society
- Mark Hopkins, National Space Society
- John Lewis, University of Arizona
- James S. Logan, M.D.
- Scott Pace, George Washington University
- Joseph Palaia, 4Frontiers Corporation
- Mark Sonter, Radiation Advice & Solutions Pty Ltd
- Joe Strout, Luminary Apps LLC