In 2015 a challenge was issued across the Department of Defense, Department of State, and the US Agency for International Development for the best ideas to advance U.S. diplomacy, defense and development (the 3 D’s of foreign policy). Of 500 ideas submitted, the D3 Space Solar Power D3 multi-agency-industry submission was in the top 1% of ideas chosen to present at the D3 innovation summit. This idea won 4 of the 7 possible awards: the Innovation Award, the People’s Choice Award, the best Interagency Collaboration Award, and also best Presentation. An 11-minute video of the presentation is below.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Why NASA Wants to Buy More Moon Rocks
- The desire for commercial space travel is at a new high, but where is the funding?
- The National Space Society Urges Swift Confirmation of Dr. Greg Autry as NASA Chief Financial Officer
- Book Review: Dr Space Junk vs The Universe
- Book Review: The Shiva Encounter
- National Space Society Introduces the NSS Legal Fellows Program