In 2015 a challenge was issued across the Department of Defense, Department of State, and the US Agency for International Development for the best ideas to advance U.S. diplomacy, defense and development (the 3 D’s of foreign policy). Of 500 ideas submitted, the D3 Space Solar Power D3 multi-agency-industry submission was in the top 1% of ideas chosen to present at the D3 innovation summit. This idea won 4 of the 7 possible awards: the Innovation Award, the People’s Choice Award, the best Interagency Collaboration Award, and also best Presentation. An 11-minute video of the presentation is below.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Why Space Tourism?
- Ecuador Chapter Zoom Presentation on Space Advocacy July 28
- NSS Congratulates Blue Origin and Jeff Bezos for the Spectacular First Crewed Flight of the New Shepard
- NSS Space Forum July 22: Rocket Summer: Blue Origin, SpaceX, and Virgin Galactic
- Report on National Space Society Chapter Events
- Breakfast on the Moon #5 Webinar Is a Go for Launch August 7