In 2015 a challenge was issued across the Department of Defense, Department of State, and the US Agency for International Development for the best ideas to advance U.S. diplomacy, defense and development (the 3 D’s of foreign policy). Of 500 ideas submitted, the D3 Space Solar Power D3 multi-agency-industry submission was in the top 1% of ideas chosen to present at the D3 innovation summit. This idea won 4 of the 7 possible awards: the Innovation Award, the People’s Choice Award, the best Interagency Collaboration Award, and also best Presentation. An 11-minute video of the presentation is below.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- ‘The Real Right Stuff’ Illuminates Mercury Program, Debuts Rare Material
- Ground-Breaking SpaceX Crew-1 Commercial Flight Enhances International Space Station Productivity
- Are We Ready for a Real-Life War of the Worlds?
- SPACE BASICS: “Space Settlements” vs “Communities Beyond Earth”
- This Space Available, Ten Years Later
- Attention Space Educators: Apply by December 11 for the National Space Club’s Space Educator Award