In 2015 a challenge was issued across the Department of Defense, Department of State, and the US Agency for International Development for the best ideas to advance U.S. diplomacy, defense and development (the 3 D’s of foreign policy). Of 500 ideas submitted, the D3 Space Solar Power D3 multi-agency-industry submission was in the top 1% of ideas chosen to present at the D3 innovation summit. This idea won 4 of the 7 possible awards: the Innovation Award, the People’s Choice Award, the best Interagency Collaboration Award, and also best Presentation. An 11-minute video of the presentation is below.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- SPACE BASICS: What is Space Settlement?
- Blue Origin New Shepard Flight 12 Success
- NSS Applauds Choice of Mike Gold as NASA Administrator Bridenstine’s Special Advisor
- Review: For All Mankind Paints an Alternate Apollo with Vivid Brush Strokes
- NSS Position Paper: The Artemis Moon Program
- Alliance for Space Development: The First Five Years Went Well