EADS Astrium, Europe’s largest space company, is joining the growing list of companies interested in the potential of space solar power. The company is seeking partners to build a demonstration laser power transmission system in the 10-20 kilowatt range and says the technology could be operative by the year 2020.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Why NASA Wants to Buy More Moon Rocks
- The desire for commercial space travel is at a new high, but where is the funding?
- The National Space Society Urges Swift Confirmation of Dr. Greg Autry as NASA Chief Financial Officer
- Book Review: Dr Space Junk vs The Universe
- Book Review: The Shiva Encounter
- National Space Society Introduces the NSS Legal Fellows Program