Newt Gingrich made a major speech on space on January 25, which stressed the importance of commercial activities including the use of prizes. He called for a bold and aggressive space program, which by 2020 would establish a permanent base on the Moon, a next generation propulsion system for use in getting humans to Mars, and bustling commercial activities in low Earth orbit. A video of his speech is available from C-SPAN here (NSS will be posting a transcript here late today). The National Space Society looks forward to learning in a similarly detailed fashion the space views of the other presidential candidates.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Guayaquil NSS Chapter Hosts International Panel on Artemis Accords
- NSS Town Hall June 17: Preview of Virtual ISDC and NSS Membership Overview
- Sign up for ISDC Interactive Sunday now
- NASA Chief Scientist Dr. Jim Green to Appear at the Online NSS International Space Development Conference 2021.
- The National Space Society Announces YouTube Influencer Isaac Arthur as a Keynote Speaker at the Online 2021 International Space Development Conference
- Book Review: The Mission