Newt Gingrich made a major speech on space on January 25, which stressed the importance of commercial activities including the use of prizes. He called for a bold and aggressive space program, which by 2020 would establish a permanent base on the Moon, a next generation propulsion system for use in getting humans to Mars, and bustling commercial activities in low Earth orbit. A video of his speech is available from C-SPAN here (NSS will be posting a transcript here late today). The National Space Society looks forward to learning in a similarly detailed fashion the space views of the other presidential candidates.
Subscribe to NSS Blog via Email
Recent Blog Posts
- Space Forum December 8: 2022 Space Year in Review
- Book Review: Far Side of the Moon
- Zoom Meeting with “First Man” author James R. Hansen December 5th
- Happy Thanksgiving to all you Space Advocates out there!!!
- Celebrate “Breakfast on the Moon” December 10
- The View from National Space Society Headquarters