Watch this space for contest news. Note the following:
NOTE: The 2O23 Contest Results have been finalized! The results will begin to populate here. In 2023, we had over 26,000 students participate in more than 4500 entries. Entries came from 19 countries around the world. Congratulations to all of the winners!
- Registration and submissions for the NSS Gerard K. O’Neill Space Settlement Contest 2023 opened on December 1st, 2022, and closed on February 15th, 2023 at 02:00am PST, with results posted on March 3st, 2023.
- Starting with the 2023 season, we will award $500 prizes for the top Artistic Merit and Literary Merit submissions, respectively.
New file formats are eligible for Artistic Merit submissions. These formats may also be used for supplementing PDF entries in other categories, but should be used sparingly. Unless you are submitting to the Artistic Merit category, the primary submission must be a PDF, and this is the only document file format accepted. Each attachment may be no larger than 24 MB, regardless of the file format. Please only use these other file formats if they significantly enhance your submission:
- Images may be any of the following: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff
- Vector Graphics may be any of the following: .eps, .stl
- Audio files may now be uploaded, but are constrained to the following lossy formats: .mp3 (preferred), .aac, .ogg
- Small videos may be uploaded and are constrained to the following format: .mp4
- This contest had been sponsored by NASA Ames Research Center from 1994-2018, for many of those years in conjunction with the National Space Society (NSS). In 2019, sponsorship was fully transferred to the National Space Society.