NSS leadership is provided by a member-elected Board of Directors that provides strategic direction for the Society. The Board of Directors elects the Society’s Officers who comprise the Executive Committee. This Committee manages ongoing operations between Board of Directors meetings, and oversees a number of operating committees.
The Board of Governors is comprised of well-known space advocates from all walks of life, from movie stars to rocket scientists, including Hugh Downs, Buzz Aldrin, Tom Hanks, Norman Augustine, General Simon “Pete” Worden, and other notable figures. The Board of Advisors is comprised of individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the Society and its goals over the years. These Boards provide guidance and recommendations to the Directors.
National Space Society Management Documentation Reference Links
- The NSS Board of Governors
- The NSS Board of Directors
- The NSS Board of Advisors
- The NSS Executive Committee
- NSS Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- NSS Headquarters staff members
- NSS Operating Committees
- Contact information for your local NSS Chapter
- Graphic showing the NSS organizational structure
- National Space Society Corporate Documents