Awards and Scholarships
Each year at the International Space Development Conferences, the National Space Society honors individuals and groups who have made significant contributions consistent with the Society’s mission of creating a spacefaring civilization. These awards include:
- The Robert A. Heinlein Memorial Award, for lifetime contributions to the creation of a free
spacefaring civilization. Selected by vote of the NSS membership and given only in even-numbered
- The NSS Wernher Von Braun Memorial Award, for the greatest space team effort of the year, given only in odd-numbered years.
- The Gerard K. O’Neill Memorial Award for Space Settlement Advocacy, given occasionally as warranted.
- The Space Pioneer Awards, usually three of which are given each year in recognition of significant accomplishments in opening the space frontier.
- The Chris Pancratz Memorial Space Activist of the Year Award for the person who has done the most to move forward the development of space.
- NSS Excellence Awards for individual volunteer efforts in service to the Society.
- NSS Chapter Awards for the most active chapters of the year.
- Bruce M. Clark, Jr. Memorial Scholarship was presented annually from 2010 to 2018 to the grand prize winner(s) of the NSS Space Settlement Contest.
- An NSS-ISU scholarship to the International Space University has been given occasionally.
- See also: Contests
List of awards by year: